Friday, June 26, 2009

こんばんは!

You may have noticed that my header (as of posting this) has some Japanese subtext to it. Most of my readers probably do not speak Japanese, so the text is the following:
私たちは日本語も話せます。ちょっと。

If you can read or translate Japanese, all the better for you (and if you can, please tell me if my grammar is decent!) ┐('~`;)┌

But why did I make my header in Japanese? Well, because Japanese is an amazing language. It is simple, logical, expressible, and fun to read and write. Japanese culture is also very attractive to me. Unfortunately, as of now, I can only fluently speak English (obviously) and Spanish, to a degree. Pero el español, no es muy exótico en comparación con japonés. Chinese is alright, but I'm not as much of a fan of the culture (or government...) and that there exist none (that I know of) strict syllaberies whereas Japanese has two, and Korean hangeul is a little too simple (although I have yet to learn it). The Indic languages are really interesting, but a bit too complicated and of more limited use for me. Middle eastern languages I may toy with eventually, although I'll likely get put on an FBI watchlist. And Cryllic languages... well, I'll get to them soon enough (Russian, anyone?)

Some examples of each. If you can't see some of the characters, then your computer sucks. On Windows, get the respective language packs installed, on Linux do the same (in Language Support), and Macs should already have them all, but I wouldn't really know:

An example of the Japanese language. 日本の言語のサンプル。
An example of the Chinese language. 一個例子中文。
An example of the Korean language. 한국의 언어의 예.
An example of the Hindi language. हिंदी भाषा का एक उदाहरण.
An example of the Arabic language. مثال على اللغة العربية.
An example of the Russian language. Пример из русского языка.
And my favourite, the Tibetan script (not sure what language or what it says):
།དས་ཀ་རད་པ་ཞ་བའ་སན་ལམ་

No comments:

Post a Comment